Overview of Thorong La Pass Trek
Thorong La Pass Trek is one of the most popular treks in the Annapurna Circuit. This 14 days trek takes you north of the Annapurna Mountains for some outstanding views of the mountains as you pass between the Annapurna Conservation Area and the remote Mustang Region.
This Thorong La Pass Trekking trek offers an opportunity to observe diverse landscape, flora and fauna, the different ethnic people and some of the most scenic views of the Annapurna (full of grains), Nilgiri (Blue Mountain) and Dhaulagiri (White Mountain) ranges on the other side of the Thorong La Pass.
A highlight on this trekking tour is the famous Kali Gandaki River on the other side of the pass which cuts deeply between Mount Dhaulagiri (8,167 m) to the west and Mount Annapurna (8,091 m) to the east which has created the deepest canyon in the world, five times deeper than the Grand Canyon.
The trek passes through a myriad of biospheres as you climb upwards from sub-tropical jungle to the high and very dry region that resembles the Tibetan Plateau.
Thorong La Pass Trekking Highlights
Thorong La Pass trek takes you past the world’s deepest gorge – the Kali Gandaki gorge and then over the highest pass in the world – Thorang La at an elevation of 5,416 m. The trek goes through the remote and beautiful valley of Manang and then to the spiritual place of Muktinath.
This Nepal trekking package is never dull as you walk for 14 days past high mountain peaks, bright mountain glaciers, deep canyons, colorful villages as well as places of great spiritual significance.
Thorong La Pass Trek Itinerary
Today you will arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport where you will be greeted and taken to your hotel to rest up from your flight. In the evening, we will have a traditional welcome dinner. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Today will be a day to become familiar with the delightful culture of Nepal as you visit several of the Valley’s World Heritage Sites. We will visit Durbar Square, Pashupatinath; the most sacred Hindu temple in Nepal, along with two sacred Buddhist shrines: Swaymbhunath and Boudhhanath.
Later in the day there will be a briefing about the trek as you meet your guide and fellow trekkers. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Today is a long day of bus riding as we leave Kathmandu and head west toward Syange or Jagat.We travel on bus about ten hours. The scenery will reflect the beauty of Nepal as we pass rivers, mountains and beautiful villages. Stay overnight at lodge in Jagat.
Today is the first day of trekking. The trek will cross the bridge at Tal to Manang District as the trail continues through the Manang Valley. We will reach Dharapani (1,960m) after about six hours of trekking. Stay overnight at lodge in Dharapani.
Today the trail leads us north of the Annapurna Conservation Area and will feature great views of Annapurna II, Lamjung Himal and Annapurna IV (7,525m). There are numbers of small hot springs along the way to our destination of Chame (2,710m). Stay overnight at lodge in Chame.
Today we will enter the valley of Manang, situated between two snow-covered peaks. We will follow the Marsyangdi River through the Manang Valley. The trail rises 1500 meters above the river as we walk to Pisang (3,300m). Stay overnight at lodge in Pisang.
Today will be a long day of trekking. The landscape becomes drier, much like the plateaus of Tibet. The trek will feature many panoramic views of the mountains as we stop for a short visit to Barge monastery, the largest monastery in the Manang District. Stay overnight at lodge in Manang (3,500m).
Today is the day for resting and acclimatization as we are enter higher elevations. We will take some short hikes for sightseeing and help us adjust to the higher elevations. Stay overnight at lodge in Manang.
Today the trail turns northward as we make our way toward Thorang La Pass. The elevation continues to rise as we pass through amusing villages and grassland in the high mountains. Our goal is the small village of Yak Kharka (4,110m). Stay overnight at lodge in Yak Kharka.
Today we make our way to the lower part of the pass. Thorang Phedi (4,600m) is a small, but busy diminutive village at the base of Thorang La Pass where we will spend the night at lodge.
As we circle the Annapurna Conservation Area, today is the highlight of our trek as we finally make to the Thorang La Pass (5,416m). The day is cold as we pass at high altitudes which will offer incredible views of the mountains on all sides.
The day will be awesome as you stare at the high peaks of the Himalayas. The trail will begin a long descent to Muktinath (3,800m), a sacred spot to both Hindus and Buddhist. Stay overnight at lodge in Muktinath.
The trek of about five hours continues to drop in elevation as we make our way to Jomsom (2,750m). We can visit Vishnu Temple and a Gompa and enjoy the chilling current of everyday wind at Jomsom. Stay overnight at lodge in Jomsom.
Today we fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, and then take the flight back to Kathmandu where we will rest the remaining day, and a departure dinner. There will be a little time for sightseeing and shopping. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Today at about three hours prior to your flight time, we will transfer you to the airport to fly your onward to your destination.
- Airport picks up and drops international and domestic.
- Complete departure information, about trek, flight ticket, guide, altitude sickness and reconfirmation and extend visa service (if necessary) and extra tour service before the trek starting.
- 03 nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Kathmandu To Syange or Jagat. drive Bus.
- Jomsong to pokhara Flight.
- Pokhara to Kathmandu flight
- Private transportation picks up and drops.
- Best Lodge accommodation & full board meals throughout the trek.
- Hot tea and coffee in a cup with each meals.
- 13 breakfast, 10 lunch and 10 dinner included chosen from lodge menu.
- 11 Nights twin share accommodation during the trek.
- As per group size experience, government licensed holder trek guide, helpful and friendly strong, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.( 5 trekkers 1 assistant guide )
- Warm Down jacket and four seasonal sleeping bag will be provided during the ABC trekking ( down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after the trip )
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permits)
- Conservation trek permit fee. Annapurna Circuit trail map.
- First Aid kits for the staffs and the groups.
- Services coordination for emergency and rescue operations .
- Government taxes & office service charge.
- Farewell dinner at reputed restaurant .
- Meals not quantified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverage and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek.
Thorong La Pass Trek - Essential InformationWe are updating the contents.
Required Equipments for the Trip
Different types of equipments are required to fully enjoy your trip in Nepal. The required equipment may depend on the trip type, weather conditions, season and the maximum altitude of the trip.View Equipment List
Group Discounted PriceWe are updating the group discounted price.
Reviews on Thorong La Pass Trek
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.