Overview of Putha Himchuli Expedition
Putha Himchuli Peak (7,246 m) is located in the mid-west of Nepal in Dhaulagiri Range; the expedition was the first ascent in 1954 by the British team. Set in an extraordinarily vivid backdrop to the west of Annapurna and South of Ganesh Himal, Putha Himchuli stands in a chain of the world’s most imposing peaks of individual splendor of Dhaulagiri Range. Putha Himchuli is the westernmost peak in the cornerstone of the Dhaulagiri range and the preceding glaciated peaks at the far west reaches of this range. Putha Himchuli offers many possible routes that can be explored and the climbing is technically challenging. The climb is challenging but technically not difficult. It is one of the nicest ridges climbs with the snow-covered ridge over 2km long. Putha Himchuli is known also as Dhaulagiri VII.
Putha Himchuli Expedition route fallows from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Dolpo (Juphal) by flight and trek to Dunai, Tarakot, Musikhola, Kagkot, Yak shark, and Base camp of Putha Himchuli base camp. Base camp to Camp 1 on the moraine, Put up cairns for path as it is little difficult to find it. Normally put up Camp1 at beginning of glacier. From Camp1 to Camp 2, it is possible to use skis, and not many crevasses. Route quite clear set up camp on rock band. On summit day from 5,700m, they leave early in the morning about 4 A.M. And weather should be clear. The climbing route is long from camp. Only a false summit can be seen from the route.
- All ground and air transportation throughout the trek.
- Best available accommodation and full board meals throughout the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- All national park and conservation areas permit fee.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not quantified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverage and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek.
Putha Himchuli Expedition - Essential InformationWe are updating the contents.
Required Equipments for the Trip
Different types of equipments are required to fully enjoy your trip in Nepal. The required equipment may depend on the trip type, weather conditions, season and the maximum altitude of the trip.View Equipment List
Group Discounted PriceWe are updating the group discounted price.
Reviews on Putha Himchuli Expedition
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.