Overview of Manaslu Expedition
Manaslu (8, 163) is the high peak of the Gorkha massif and is the eighth highest mountain in the world. It is also known as Kutang. The location of this mountain peak is Mansiri Himal in the Gorkha district of Nepal. “Manasa” in Sanskrit means “Mountain of the Spirit” and is converted to this Gorkha’s highest peak Mt. Manaslu as “intellect” or “soul”. The Manaslu expedition requires a high level of climbing proficiency on steep, exposed, and technical skills and altitude experience of 7000m. Excellent physical and mental conditions are required for this Expedition. Basic recommendation for the training with the National mountaineering climbing institute or with a professional mountain guide. Manaslu lies in the Nepal Himalaya, Kali Gandaki valley. Mount Manaslu was first climbed in 1956 by a Japanese expedition. Manaslu’s long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions and culminate in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape. This area is still restricted to a limited number of groups and only organized trekkers in groups can trek in this area. Manaslu region is very remote and rescue is very difficult. This is a possible wilderness area to live leopard of snow. Yet the trek is geographically spectacular and culturally fascinating. This Manaslu Expedition is one of the most dangerous mountain climbing activities and hence we suggest choosing this trip only the experienced climbers.
The mountain’s long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, and it culminates in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape and is a dominant feature when seen from afar. Normally, four camps will be set up in the approach of the mountain. There will be a few stretches of steep climbing and crevasses from Camp I to Camp II. The slippery snow climbing is required from Camp II to Camp III. Avalanches are a threat from Camp III to Camp IV.
- All ground and air transportation throughout the trek.
- Best available accommodation and full board meals throughout the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- All national park and conservation areas permit fee.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not quantified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverage and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
Manaslu Expedition - Essential InformationWe are updating the contents.
Required Equipments for the Trip
Different types of equipments are required to fully enjoy your trip in Nepal. The required equipment may depend on the trip type, weather conditions, season and the maximum altitude of the trip.View Equipment List
Group Discounted PriceWe are updating the group discounted price.
Reviews on Manaslu Expedition
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.