Overview of Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu Base Camp Trek is an overwhelming adventure trek in Nepal for national and international trekkers. This trek is the popular Base Camp Trek of located in south-east of Mt Everest and Khumbu region. Makalu Trek also falls inside Makalu-Barun National Park and Conservation Area at altitude above 8,000 m on the lap of the World 5th Highest Mountain Mt. Makalu (8,463m). Trek to Makalu base camp is regarded as one of the most remote treks as well as restricted area trek in all of Nepal. Makalu base camp trek is one of the most beautiful fascinating trips which offer a chance to get closer the world’s highest mountains including Mt. Makalu, Everest, Baruntse, Chamalang, Lhotse and Nuptse and other mighty peaks.
Highlights of Makalu Base Camp Trek
- Adventure around world 5th highest Mt. Makalu with scenic and hidden Barun valley
- Amazing landscapes from warm semi-tropic to alpine cold towards arctic zone of ice and snow
- Exploring cultures around hidden villages on the least trekked areas of Eastern Himalaya.
- Walking into mystical and scenic Barun valley within pristine environment
- Lovely forest of tall pines-firs-oaks-magnolia and rhododendron trees to alpine bush.
- Breath-taking views of world highest peaks including Mt. Everest rare East Face.
- Airport pick up and drops international and domestic .
- Complete departure information, About trek, flight ticket, guide, altitude sickness and reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary) and extra tour service before the trek starting.
- 2 nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar to Kathmandu only 15 kg luggage aloud. (10kg Big bag & 5kg hand bag)
- Trek flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar & Kathmandu for member and involved staff.
- Best Lodge accommodation & full board meals throughout the trek.
- breakfast, lunch and dinner included chosen from lodge menu.
- twin share accommodation during the trek.
- As per group size experience, government licence holder trek guide, helpful and friendly strong, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.( 5 trekkers 1 assistant guide )
- Warm Down jacket and four seasonal sleeping bag will be provided during the Makalu base camp trekking ( down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after the trip )
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permits)trek permit fee. Makalu base camp trail map.
- First Aid kits for the staffs and the groups.
- Services coordination for emergency and rescue operations
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Farewell dinner at reputed restaurant
- Meals not quantified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverage and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
Makalu Base Camp Trek - Essential Information
Makalu Base Camp trek is an ideal trek for nature-loving trekkers who want to experience a lot. The major attract of the trek is the mesmerizing view of Mt. Makalu along with Mt Everest and other mighty peaks of this region. Makalu base camp trekking trail offers you amazingly beautiful natural surrounding and landscape, diversified flora and fauna, lush green forests, incredible white snow peaks, rhododendron and pristine forest, Barun river valley, granite cliffs, glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, amazing scenery ranging from the sweeping Arun river valley, the Barun La (4200m), old and ancient Buddhist monasteries, traditional lifestyle of Rai, Sherpa and Tibetan people, their religious practices, unique cultural heritage, customs and festivals as well you will also be pleased with the warm hospitality they offer. September-November and March-June is the best season to trek Makalu base camp. Makalu base camp trekking is a moderate trek as well less frequented route for trekkers due to its relative inaccessibility. However, this trek is not too hard and doesn’t demand advanced physical fitness levels so anyone can enjoy and take pleasure in nature walking during this trek.
Our especial Makalu Base camp trek begins with sweeping scenic short flights to warm areas of Arun River Valley at Tumlingtar town via Kathmandu. Then our adventure begins taking an exciting drive towards Num around high hills, farm houses and village with well tended terraces and ever present views of Mt. Makalu and other adjoining peaks. Starting our fabulous adventurous trek full of delights with exciting walks from low warm semi-tropical temperature of Arun River Valley we trek to Seduwa via Num. Continuing our trek we climb uphill via rough way towards Tashi-gaon and then into pure wilderness of deep forested hills as the climb leads towards scenic ridges of Kaungma Danda with grand views of Mt. Makalu and Kanchenjunga towards eastern horizon. Adventure continues walking small and big glacial lakes and over extraordinary temperate passes called Keke-La pass (4230m) and Tutu-La pass (4200m). Then many edges ascend up through Mambuk, Nghe Kharka and Langmale we reach hidden and beautiful Barun River valley which is off the beaten mid hill trails. Finally, we trek towards our destination at Shersong and reach Makalu Base Camp (8,412 m). From Makalu Base Camp there are spectacular views of greatest Mt. Makalu, the rarely seen Kangshung face of Everest as well as Lhotse, Chamlang, and Kanchenjunga in the far-east. Then we descend towards Hilary Base Camp, Yangle Kharka, and Mambuk. We trek the trail via Shipton-La Pass (4127 m) towards Seduwa via Kumgma Danda. After a wonderful experience heading back to Tumlingtar from Arun River valley we take a short and scenic flight back to Kathmandu to conclude this fabulous Makalu Base Camp trekking.
Although In Makalu base camp region you hardly find any modern facilities and amenities but blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty and leave a strong impression on many trekkers due to its unforgettable memorizing trip into the Himalayas. Life Himalayas Trekking Pvt. Ltd, can custom design the packages according to your requirements, offering suitable discounts and guaranteed on customer satisfaction. The Makalu base camp trek can be flexible with the itinerary and can adjust many more details according to your demand, availability, and timing.
The itinerary could be changed or modified as per your requirements, interest and length of your holiday. Weather, political, transportation and other disturbing factor are the main reason to make change in itineraries which are beyond our control. So, the guide or leader will provide you the best alternative during your trek. The price of the trip will be according to standard of hotel, group size, duration and date of travel for the tailor made programme.
Regarding flight in the mountain region
Mostly twin otter is the most common means of air transportation in the Nepalese sky and during the flight in the Himalayan region of Nepal the flight schedule is cancelled and change from time to time due to poor visibility, weather condition and many other technical problem. In such case we would charter helicopter for our guest regarding schedule of their international flight and for the different problem arise in the trek. The charter cost should be paid at head office of Tourist link Trek at Thamel and later on you can claim with your travel insurance.
As per Nepal Civil aviation rules the helicopter will fly, if the visibility is up to 1500m and visibility should be 5000m for flying Twin Otter in Nepalese sky.
Volunteering Hand of Life Himalaya Trekking
Ganesh Himal community foundation is a voluntary organization running by Life Himalaya Trekking for the development of people life style, education and villages in the rural village of Dhading district Nepal. An amount of 10% from every trip booking at Life Himalaya will go in the account of Ganesh Himal Community foundation. So this shows that we are liable for the social development of Nepal along with tourism business.
Major community work and partnership
The main job of the Ganesh Himal Community foundation is to construct the school and libraries in the rural areas of Nepal, in the needed place after a proper study. Conduct programme for the skill development, health and sanitation, village development with a joint effort of local people.
For further look at Ganesh Himal Community Foundation website www.ghcfnepal.org
Required Equipments for the Trip
Different types of equipments are required to fully enjoy your trip in Nepal. The required equipment may depend on the trip type, weather conditions, season and the maximum altitude of the trip.View Equipment List
Group Discounted PriceWe are updating the group discounted price.
Reviews on Makalu Base Camp Trek
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.