Overview of Lower Dolpo Trek
Lower Dolpo trek is one of the outstanding trekking destinations in the remote trekking region of Nepal. This fascinating trek is located in the quarantined area of west Nepal, where the trek can also be done even in the mid-monsoon as it lies in the rain shadow area formed by the Dhaulagiri & Annapurna ranges.
Lower Dolpo is rich in natural and cultural diversity and offers visitors one of the most beautiful scenic views of the mighty Himalayas and cultural villages around. Lower Dolpo trek flourished with High mountain scenery, including the Dhaulagiri massif to the southeast surrounding this mystical preserve.
Dolpo region offers the opportunities to visit ancient villages, high passes, beautiful Lakes, inaccessible Buddhist monasteries, and also to experience the vast display of wildlife inhabiting the region in Nepal.
Lower Dolpo trek starts with a scenic flight from Kathmandu (1360m) to Nepalgunj and then fly to Jufal (2320m). Then trek ascend following the trekking trail of Dolpo region and passing a variety of natural and cultural wilderness.
Lower Dolpo trail goes over three high passes, the Kagmara La 5115m, Baga La 5090m, and Numa La 5360m passing the deep-blue serene Phoksundo Lake, and finally concludes at Juphal, descending the gorge-side path of Tarap Khola. Commencing this delightful trek into the Dolpo region will leave you with pleasing memories of natural and cultural sightseeing around the high Himalayas region of Nepal.
- All ground and air transportation throughout the trek.
- Best available accommodation and full board meals throughout the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- All national park and conservation areas permit fee.
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Meals not quantified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary’
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa charge.
- All beverage and others personal expenses.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek
Lower Dolpo Trek - Essential InformationWe are updating the contents.
Required Equipments for the Trip
Different types of equipments are required to fully enjoy your trip in Nepal. The required equipment may depend on the trip type, weather conditions, season and the maximum altitude of the trip.View Equipment List
Reviews on Lower Dolpo Trek
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.