November 12, 2022
Destination to Everest base camp is one of the biggest dreams that every trekker has. As the highest base camp trek of the world, every year thousands of trekkers trek to the Everest base camp. Here are the 15 best quick facts about Everest base camp trekking.
1. Everest Base camp is in the lap of the world’s highest mountain Mount Everest (Sagarmatha in Nepali and Chomolungma in Tibetan 8848.86 m).
2. The altitude of Everest Base camp is 5,364m.
4. Namche Bazar is also called the capital of the Sherpa. Also, Sherpas are also known as the “Kings of the Himalayas’.
5. Trek to Everest Base camp usually starts from the Lukla airport which is one of the most extreme and adventurous airports in the world?
6. Weather of the base camp keeps changing in a short amount of time.
7. During the base camp trekking, you can view Mt. Everest (the highest mountain in the world) from its closest point.
8. Also, the best season for trekking to Everest Base Camp is October to December and March to May
9. Surprisingly, You can enjoy the high-speed internet at the Everest base camp.
10. Actually, Everest Base camp is inside the Sagarmatha national park which is on the list of UNESCO world heritage sites.
11. Evidently, Every year more than 1 lakh trekkers trek to the Everest base camp.
12. Presently, the EBC trek takes 7 to 20 days depending on the physical fitness of the trekker and budget.
13. Besides, a trekker can visit the oldest monastery. built in 1916 by Lama Gulu.
14. Sagarmatha national park is the home of 118 species of birds including rare birds like Himalayan Monal, Red-Billed cough, Blood pheasant, and yellow-billed chough.
Likewise, many rare mammals found in Sagarmatha national park are Red Panda, Musk Deer, Snow leopard, Himalayan black Deer, Himalayan Thar.
For more amazing Everest base camp trek facts and other information about visit to Nepal contact us